Our Covenant of Membership
We believe that membership comes through faith!
The incarnation of God in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ gives to this church not only it’s mission, but also it’s understanding of membership. One becomes an active member of the Fort Calhoun Presbyterian Church through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and acceptance of His Lordship in our lives. Baptism and public profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord are visible signs of entrance into the active membership of the church.
The Meaning of Membership
We believe membership means ministry!
A faithful member accepts Christ’s call to be involved responsibly in the ministry of the church. Such involvement includes:
- Proclaiming the good news of our God in our lives.
- Taking part in the common life and worship of Fort Calhoun Presbyterian Church.
- Praying and studying Scripture and the faith of the Christian Church.
- Supporting the work of the church through the giving of money, time and talents.
- Participating in the committees and ministries of the church.
- Demonstrating a new quality of life within and through service to others.
- Living responsibly in our personal, family, vocational, political, cultural and social relationships.
- Working in the world for peace, justice, freedom and human fulfillment.
How to Become a Member
New member classes are held for prospective members as the number of those interested in joining dictates. If you are interested in joining Fort Calhoun Presbyterian Church, or simply want to learn more about this church and the Presbyterian denomination, please plan to attend. The church office can inform you of the current schedules.
The classes cover a variety of topics, including current activities, our goals and values, and an overview of the beliefs of the Presbyterian denomination. More importantly, the classes are designed to allow you to get to know other people in an informal, small group atmosphere.
Please call to reserve your spot in the classes, and let us know if you need child care. You may either call the church office at 468-5683 or email us.